The Van Dorn Inn

vandorninn1965.jpg

Dublin Core

Title

The Van Dorn Inn

Subject

Architecture--Ohio--Sunbury--TrentonTownship
Local history--Ohio--Delaware County--Trenton Township
Photography--Ohio--Delaware County--TrentonTownship

Description

This photograph of the brick building shown above was built by Revolutionary War soldier Gilbert Van Dorn in the early 19th - century. According to the 1880 History of Delaware County, and the September 16, 1965 edition of the Sunbury News, the building has served as an inn, store, post office, underground railroad station and a private residence. A portion of the interior of the house was featured in the November 1984 issue of Country Living Magazine. The building is also known as the Center Inn, and was entered into the National Register Information System January 11, 1983 under this name.

Date

circa 1829

Rights

http://rightsstatements.org/vocab/NoC-US/1.0/

Format

Photograph

Type

Still Image

Identifier

929622080901

Collection

Citation

“The Van Dorn Inn,” Delaware County Memory, accessed May 23, 2024, http://delawarecountymemory.org/items/show/5381.

Output Formats